It appears our 270,000 signature for CANZUK Freedom of Movement has had influence in high places. On the 20th of May the UK Government made changes to all UK ports.
UK egates now work with the following countries:
- The UK – The UK is defined as a separate entity from the EU at least acknowledging the British public vote for Brexit, if not fully implemented yet…
- The EU27 countries – This reflects the close ties between the UK and EU post-Brexit and highlights the UK is still very much open for tourism and business to EU passport holders.
- Republic of Ireland (included in the EU group)
- Czech Republic (Czechia)
- The EEA Countries – This reflects the close ties between the UK and EEA post-Brexit and highlights the UK is still very much open for tourism and business to EEA passport holders.
- The CANZUK Countries – The kindred ties between the UK and the CANZUK countries are finally acknowledged by the UK government at UK borders… This is hopefully the first step in undoing the burning injustice felt by the populace across CANZUK for many years due to a betrayal of the UK government who turned its back on the other CANZUK countries and focused entirely on Europe.
- Australia https://www.gov.uk/government/news/australian-nationals-can-now-use-epassport-gates-to-enter-the-uk https://smartraveller.gov.au/Countries/europe/northern/Pages/united_kingdom.aspx
- Canada https://www.gov.uk/government/news/canadian-nationals-can-now-use-epassport-gates-to-enter-the-uk https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/united-kingdom
- New Zealand https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/news/article.cfm?c_id=7&objectid=12232798
- Asia Pacific – This highlights the UK’s renewed interest in this area and the strong business ties built between the UK and these nations.
- South Korea
- The USA – “The Special Relationship” between the UK and the USA is finally realised at the UK borders… https://onemileatatime.com/uk-e-gates-expanded-countries/
As a consequence of the UK reaching out to its Global Partners, the CANZUK nations, the USA, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, the EEA and EU the number of civilian flights in the UK have reached a Sky High of 9,000 flights in a single day:
Not treating each other as foreigners at each other borders is the first step towards re-fostering CANZUK ties, it is a milestone in our campaign but we need to keep pushing for closer ties and freedom of movement across our four nations.